Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Sebastian Heib <he...@synyx.de> on 2008/02/07 10:21:02 UTC

Re: Java LinkageError when startet in an applet

Karl Pauls schrieb:
> Could you try using the current trunk or the Felix 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT?

I tried to use the trunk version, but I get the same result.

On the mentioned previous thread, Rob wrote something about trying the
mod provided with bug FELIX-38. I tried to use this mod too, but it
fails to merge it, as a class is patched that is not present. Nor in the
current trunk version, neither in the mentioned version in the diff file
(revision 472017/ 470720). The class that is not found is
"org/apache/felix/framework/URLHandlersStreamHandlerFactory".

Where can I get this class from? Or has anybody applied that patch to a
current version? Does this solve the problem?

I also tried to set the property "framework.service.urlhandlers=false",
but with no result...

--
/**
 * Sebastian Heib
 * Software Developer
 *
 * Synyx GmbH & Co. KG
 * Business in Components
 * Karlstr. 68
 * 76137 Karlsruhe
 *
 * phone +49(0)721 66 24 866
 * fax   +49(0)721 66 48 877
 * eMail heib@synyx.de
 * www   http://www.synyx.de
 * irc   irc.synyx.de
 *
 * Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe
 * Registergericht: Mannheim
 * Handelsregisternummer: HRA 4793
 * USt-IdNr.: DE249264296
 *
 * Komplementärin: Elatech Verwaltungs GmbH
 * Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe
 * Geschäftsführer: Markus Daniel
 * Registergericht: Mannheim
 * Handelsregisternummer: HRB 7250
 */

Re: Java LinkageError when startet in an applet

Posted by Sebastian Heib <he...@synyx.de>.
Karl Pauls schrieb:
>>> Could you try using the current trunk or the Felix 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT?
>>>
>> I tried to use the trunk version, but I get the same result.
>>
>> On the mentioned previous thread, Rob wrote something about trying the
>> mod provided with bug FELIX-38. I tried to use this mod too, but it
>> fails to merge it, as a class is patched that is not present. Nor in the
>> current trunk version, neither in the mentioned version in the diff file
>> (revision 472017/ 470720). The class that is not found is
>> "org/apache/felix/framework/URLHandlersStreamHandlerFactory".
>>
>> Where can I get this class from? Or has anybody applied that patch to a
>> current version? Does this solve the problem?
>>
>> I also tried to set the property "framework.service.urlhandlers=false",
>> but with no result...
>
> This property is wrong, it should be:
>
> felix.service.urlhandlers=false
>
> could you retry with this variable set (just use Felix 1.0.3)?

That worked :-)

Thanks!

--
/**