Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Be...@sungard.com on 2012/05/21 15:10:16 UTC

Regular Expression multi line

Hi all,

I'm trying to capture the viewstate from the following string, I can get Viewstate 1 using this expression: ViewState" value ="(.+?).*\n.*\n.*=. The problem is sometimes the viewstate looks like Viewstate 2 which doesn't work with the expression used for viewstate 1.

I need a regular expression that can capture both viewstates.

Viewstate 1
.ViewState" value="X/1VbnbiXDKhgR7HK5nAmnu5wDby5W1+Y15i3391HltpvvUrx2aIiHOXPp6dRcWUQxodiIr7meVj
ZSRBx/lQzmYmWCucNmJpVUZAR9MX0Nc6KSKZDwLpLx4LZOtY6R5ZBaxSiKuQKUBLsUAqf/8cdn3V
aKA=

Viewstate 2
ViewState" value="X/1VbnbiXDKhgR7HK5nAmnu5wDby5W1+Y15i3391HltpvvUrx2aIiOWX1WbcS/UMcDdS/3ZkHzE8
3m4KUlHpOyquAgCxVSoAlFfneVL8lyJFUnrVyIlW2DTcunzlMnkg7UZTuDS5bXf110AB
" />

Thanks and kind regards

Benedict Nkosi * Performance Tester * SunGard * Asset Arena * Services Initiative * 2nd Floor, Block A, North Park Building, Black River Park, Fir Street, Observatory, Cape Town, 7925 * Tel +27 (0)21 486 7732 * Mobile +27718988394* Benedict.nkosi@sungard.com<ma...@sungard.com> * www.sungard.com<http://www.sungard.com/iam>

SunGard has been named "Best Buy Side Technology Provider of the Year<http://www.sungard.com/pressreleases/2010/finsystemsaward110910.aspx>" in the [Description: cid:593573612@18112010-24D6] <http://www.sungard.com/pressreleases/2010/finsystemsaward110910.aspx>

Join SunGard's customers, partners and industry experts at www.sungard.com/ten<http://www.sungard.com/ten> to discuss how the need for more Transparency, Efficiency and Networks is changing our industry and to register for a city day event near you.
DUBAI FRANKFURT HONG KONG JOHANNESBURG LONDON MUMBAI NEW YORK PARIS SAO PAULO SEOUL SHANGHAI SINGAPORE SYDNEY TOKYO TORONTO

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system

RE: Regular Expression multi line

Posted by Be...@sungard.com.
Found the solution

(?s)ViewState" value="(.+?)"

Posted by ZK <st...@gmail.com>.
ViewState" value="(.*?)"

ZK

Re: Regular Expression multi line

Posted by oliver lloyd <ol...@hotmail.com>.
For the thread, using [^"]+ is better than .*? because there's less backtracking, it's more precise and generally less lazy. Also, in your case you should also note that the tilda notation will match newlines better than .*

Posted by oliver lloyd <ol...@hotmail.com>.
This should work for you: