Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Rajan Maurya <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/13 18:04:51 UTC

Restructuring Taverna Mobile Dashboard

Hi folks,

Now the Taverna Mobile code is stable and future PR will not break the code
standard after Code Analysis tools implementation.
So, Now we should go one step ahead and I want to fix first "WorkFlows
List" we can say Dashboard of App.
As the Taverna mobile, REST API designed. The dashboard is not properly
designed as accordingly and the data loading is not consistent. So, I want
to redesign this  according to REST API as I mentioned in my GSOC proposal.

I think we can discuss this whole on the hangout and can make changes
accordingly. I have already made the Wireframes of the Dashboard.
Tomorrow will be fine for me others days also. Reply, When we can talk.

--
*Thanks*
*Namaste*

Rajan Maurya
Contact Number : +91 8010665248
Github : https://github.com/therajanmaurya
College : Cluster Innovation Centre, University of Delhi
Student : B.Tech. (Information Technology & Mathematical Innovations)

Re: Restructuring Taverna Mobile Dashboard

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Hi, sorry I couldn't join, I was at an EU review meeting. Could you
post a summary of the call?

Perhaps we should schedule another Taverna Mobile call next week
(2016-06-24?) or so in order for Ian Dunlop to join - he worked on
Taverna Mobile and would have valuable inputs.

Just some international email list tips:

It would be good if you can include links to updates in
wiki/github/pullrequests/Jira/blog (not just "It's on the website" :))
and also to start new threads for new topics.

I've found http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html to be
great for conveying times with time zone.

For example:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Taverna+Mobile+telcon&iso=20160601T13&p1=389&ah=1

Also it's also great to include/repeat dates rather than just the time
or "tomorrow" - I often read/write emails at odd hours and get easily
confused, and I'm sure I'm not alone..

Date formats is still a thing, to be sure use ISO8601 format,
YYYY-MM-DD, e.g. 2016-05-30.

On 16 June 2016 at 08:24, Rajan Maurya <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> I have updated the WIKI please look about workflow redesign.
> I am also good with 17:00 IST whenever you are free.
>

> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Ian Dunlop <ia...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Thanks for the update Alan. 1030 BST would have been tricky for me today.
>> Sorry I missed it.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Ian

>> > Hello Ian
>> >
>> > 1500 IST was 1030 BST. I've suggested that a set of specific questions is
>> > circulated for the wireframes. Also that we rearrange for later this
>> week.
>> > I know I'm not able to comment usefully on the UI design :)
>> >
>> > Cheers

>> > Alan
>> >

> --
> *Thanks*
> *Namaste*
>
> Rajan Maurya
> Contact Number : +91 8010665248
> Github : https://github.com/therajanmaurya
> College : Cluster Innovation Centre, University of Delhi
> Student : B.Tech. (Information Technology & Mathematical Innovations)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: Restructuring Taverna Mobile Dashboard

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Sorry all, I don't think I can make anything until next Friday (24th June)
at the earliest. What do you mean by 'workflow's layout'?

Cheers,

Ian

Posted by Rajan Maurya <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Rajan Maurya <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ian,

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 15-Jun-16 13:01, Ian Dunlop wrote:
> Hello
>
> Can you confirm the uk time. I might be able to join.

Hello Ian

1500 IST was 1030 BST. I've suggested that a set of specific questions
is circulated for the wireframes. Also that we rearrange for later this
week. I know I'm not able to comment usefully on the UI design :)

> Cheers
>
> Ian

Alan

Re: Restructuring Taverna Mobile Dashboard

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 15-Jun-16 05:47, Rajan Maurya wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have hangout call on 15:00 IST. Please Let me know that if there is any
> problem.

Who else is joining?

Alan

Re: Restructuring Taverna Mobile Dashboard

Posted by Rajan Maurya <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Rajan Maurya <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 13-Jun-16 19:04, Rajan Maurya wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Now the Taverna Mobile code is stable and future PR will not break the code
> standard after Code Analysis tools implementation.
> So, Now we should go one step ahead and I want to fix first "WorkFlows
> List" we can say Dashboard of App.
> As the Taverna mobile, REST API designed. The dashboard is not properly
> designed as accordingly and the data loading is not consistent. So, I want
> to redesign this  according to REST API as I mentioned in my GSOC proposal.
>
> I think we can discuss this whole on the hangout and can make changes
> accordingly. I have already made the Wireframes of the Dashboard.

Can you send links to the wireframes?

> Tomorrow will be fine for me others days also. Reply, When we can talk.

I am available Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from about 9:00 UTC to
20:00 UTC

Alan