Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bhupesh Bansal <bb...@linkedin.com> on 2009/10/15 22:36:48 UTC

Error in FileSystem.get()

Hey Folks,

I am seeing a very weird problem in FileSystem.get(Configuration).

I want to get a FileSystem given the configuration, so I am using

     _fs = FileSystem.get(conf);

The problem is I am getting LocalFileSystem on some machines and Distributed
on others. I am printing conf.get("fs.default.name") at all places and
It returns the right HDFS value 'hdfs://dummy:9000'

My expectation is looking at fs.default.name if it is hdfs:// it should give
me a DistributedFileSystem always.

Best
Bhupesh

Re: Error in FileSystem.get()

Posted by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>.
Bhupesh: If you use FileSystem.newInstance(), does that return the correct
object type? This sidesteps CACHE.
- A

Re: Error in FileSystem.get()

Posted by Bhupesh Bansal <bb...@linkedin.com>.