Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Au-Yeung, Stella H" <st...@eds.com> on 2004/03/01 23:51:19 UTC

Action not forwarding to another Action

Hi:
   I have a similar problem that I can't invoke OrderSearchAction.exe from
OrderMaintainAction.  I set a debug breakpoint at the beginning of
OrderSearchAction and never get there.

    <action    path="/app/DeleteOrder"
               type="com.cat.action.OrderMaintainAction"
               name="OrderFormBean"
              scope="request"
           validate="false">
        <forward name="Content" path="/app/ListOfOrder.exe" redirect="true"
/>
        <forward name="ContentError" path="/app/DeleteError.jsp"/>
    </action>

    <action    path="/app/ListOfOrder"
               type="com.cat.action.OrderSearchAction"
               name="OrderSearchFormBean"
              scope="request"
           validate="false">
        <forward name="Content" path="/app/ListOfOrder.jsp"/>
	<forward name="ContentError" path="/app/OrderError.jsp"/>

    </action>

I have two other questions:
1) Can someone also tell me if I have a "Request attribute" defined in
OrderMaintainAction, if the above redirection works, will I be able to see
the same "Request attribute" in OrderSearchAction?
2) A general question: if formA is linked to formB through a 'link'.   If I
click on the 'link' in formA, can I get to the passed parameter of FormA by
doing Request.geParameter("id") or I can only retrieve 'id' throught a
'submit' rather than through a 'link'?

Thanks for any help!