Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Mark Streit <mc...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/28 01:24:36 UTC

question re: JAX-WS SOAP Handlers (alternative to Interceptors)

Hello

Wondering if anyone has seen this ... As I am still hunting down  on my own.

I recently started using the latest CXF 2.7.0 release with a standalone
java  client program  we have been doing some simple POC work with.  I
created an entire new project (simple Java client) and included the CXF
2.7.0 JARs (except the jetty stuff and geronimo stuff) in the classpath of
the IDE project (I double checked the .classpath file manually)....

I am running this using plain Eclipse Indigo and DO NOT RELY on any JARs
provided by the IDE specifying explicitly all of the JARs to be used by the
java app configuration. This was working before with 2.6.x.

It all works fine until I attempt to use SOAP Headers using ONLY standard
jaxws handlers and NOT CXF interceptors.  When I run the client ... I see
the following stacktrace which raises 2 questions...

1) why the IBM class for SAAJ is showing up is suspicious and
2) some Xerces related class can't be found but there is no Xerces related
JAR that I can find in the 2.7.0 distribution.

I am guessing that something in my environment is fouled up.  The
IBM-specific class is obviously wrong...I assume?.  I am using this all
with Sun/Oracle JDK 1.6.0-34 and no IBM jars.

I must have missed something. Still looking.

Fwiw... The CXF interceptor related classes in the trace are NOT explicitly
used in my code but are showing up as a result of using only the java
standard jaxws API .

Exception in thread "main"* java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/xerces/dom/AttrImpl*

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)

at
com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.soap.MessageFactoryImpl.<init>(MessageFactoryImpl.java:116)

at
com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.soap.SAAJMetaFactoryImpl.newMessageFactory(SAAJMetaFactoryImpl.java:56)

at javax.xml.soap.MessageFactory.newInstance(MessageFactory.java:148)

at javax.xml.soap.MessageFactory.newInstance(MessageFactory.java:114)

at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.saaj.SAAJFactoryResolver.createMessageFactory(SAAJFactoryResolver.java:56)

at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.saaj.SAAJOutInterceptor.getFactory(SAAJOutInterceptor.java:86)

at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.saaj.SAAJOutInterceptor.handleMessage(SAAJOutInterceptor.java:122)

at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.handler.soap.SOAPHandlerInterceptor.handleMessage(SOAPHandlerInterceptor.java:120)

at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.handler.soap.SOAPHandlerInterceptor.handleMessage(SOAPHandlerInterceptor.java:71)

at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:271)

at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.doInvoke(ClientImpl.java:531)

at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:464)

at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:367)

at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:320)

at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:89)

at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:134)

at $Proxy30.getBook(Unknown Source)

at
com.acme.book.client.ws.CXFBookOrderManagerClient.main(CXFBookOrderManagerClient.java:116)

Thanks

Mark

Re: question re: JAX-WS SOAP Handlers (alternative to Interceptors)

Posted by Mark Streit <mc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.  I was going to try that next....as I have, on numerous occasions,
referred people to your web services tutorials.

In fact I was looking at the one you have on SOAP handlers vs CXF
interceptors.  Will try the maven thing outside the IDE with your project
and look at the .classpath file with Navigator to see what diffs I can find.

Appreciate the quick response.

Mark

Posted by Mark Streit <mc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the suggestion.  I did precisely what you listed and did find
ONE major difference.  Your .classpath as created with mvn eclipse:ecclipse
did reveal something --- the presence of
geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.7.1.jar    HOWEVER,

I also later did find that the client app I have in the IDE also had a
source project dependency on another "utility" project (Java project that
compiles to a JAR) which itself had a reference a few older IBM libraries
(Websphere 7 related).  Upon discovering that, I removed those errant JARs
from the path and added the same geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.7.1.jar that
yours had.  IT WORKED without getting the interference from the obvious
older IBM stuff.  Then I tried something... I went back and removed
that geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.7.1.jar and re-ran it... and it STILL
WORKED.  I suspect that the older JARs which were left over from some other
work were interfering and such older classes were shoved into the
classloader causing the problem.

In the end, I got it working.  As always, your tutorials and articles are
extremely helpful.  I am a bit puzzled over whether this "javamail" related
JAR is really required.  (the project I used from your site to do this was
the soap_client_tutorial).

Thanks again for your input.

Mark

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.