Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Boris Vorotnikov <bo...@auto.ru> on 2012/06/07 09:53:42 UTC

solr replication lag

Hello,

My name is Boris Vorotnikov. I am a developer of project parts.auto.ru. My team uses solr v.3.5 in this project. Several days ago I noticed that replication between master and slave had a time lag. There was no such lags before. I tried to find the source of trouble but it was unsuccessfully. All I found is that master tells more recent version of index than it has. And when I press the button "Replicate now" on slave it receive information about index that it already has and do nothing.

This is configuration of master and slave replication:
<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
    <lst name="master">
        <str name="enable">${enable.master:false}</str>
        <str name="replicateAfter">startup</str>
        <str name="replicateAfter">optimize</str>
        <str name="confFiles">schema.xml,stopwords.txt,synonyms.txt,spellings.txt</str>
    </lst>
    <lst name="slave">
        <str name="enable">${enable.slave:false}</str>
        <str name="masterUrl">http://__solr.master_url__:__solr.port__/solr/parts/replication</str>
        <str name="pollInterval">01:00:00</str>
    </lst>
    <str name="maxNumberOfBackups">3</str>
</requestHandler>

enable.master - parameter of command line. It works.
Solr replicates only once a day when we do index optimization by cron.
Is there any parameter responsible for keeping index version or something else?

Best regards,
Boris Vorotnikov
Developer auto.ru

Tel: +7 (499) 780 3780 # 424
E-mail: borissv@auto.ru

Re: solr replication lag

Posted by Michael Della Bitta <mi...@appinions.com>.
Hello, Boris,

If I remember correctly, older versions of Solr report the version of
the as-of-yet uncommitted core in the replication page. So if you did
a commit on the master and then a replication, you'd see that version
on the client.

Michael Della Bitta

Appinions, Inc. -- Where Influence Isn’t a Game.
http://www.appinions.com