Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Paul Moloney <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2005/12/08 18:42:54 UTC

Fonts Metric File - Overriding Name

I'm trying to generate a font metrics files for a Type 1 font, Letter
Gothic, and
I'm not getting the expected result.

When I generate font metrics file, using the following command:

java -cp build\fop.jar;lib\avalon-framework-c
vs-20020806.jar;lib\xml-apis.jar;lib\xercesImpl-2.2.1.jar;lib\xalan-2.4.1.jar
or
g.apache.fop.fonts.apps.PFMReader -f "LetterGothic" lettergothic.pfm
lettergothic.xml

I would expect the resulting XML file to have the line:

However, the font-name is different. Am I using the -fn switch
incorrectly?

Thanks,

P.

-pm

http://oceanclub.blogspot.com

"I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to
conquer Poland."

Re: Fonts Metric File - Overriding Name

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Paul,

what exactly is the problem? Are you just trying to control the font
name you can using inside XSL-FO? If yes, you can ignore what font name
is written into the font metrics. Only the font name you specify in the
font configuration (userconfig.xml) is relevant.

On 09.12.2005 16:06:43 Paul Moloney wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Sorry, that was a typo in my mail. It was the correct option -fn I
> used.
> I just double-checked by running the command again to make sure.
>
> > ... what name you *do* get as a result?
>
> Well, for example, if I try it with Letter Gothic Bold, and use the
> option:
>
> -fn "LetterGothicBold"
>
> .. I actually get:

> -pm

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Fonts Metric File - Overriding Name

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Dec 8, 2005, at 18:42, Paul Moloney wrote:

Hi,

Before looking any further, I'd like to make sure that this...

> java -cp build\fop.jar;lib\avalon-framework-c
> vs-20020806.jar;lib\xml-apis.jar;lib\xercesImpl-2.2.1.jar;lib
> \xalan-2.4.1.jar or
> g.apache.fop.fonts.apps.PFMReader -f "LetterGothic"
> lettergothic.pfm lettergothic.xml
                                    ^^^
... is not a typo, and perhaps it could also help to show us...

> I would expect the resulting XML file to have the line:

> However, the font-name is different.

... what name you *do* get as a result?

Cheers,

Andreas