Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by Jiajie Zhong <zh...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/01 08:24:43 UTC

[NOTICE] Migrate to new front-end components soon

Hey guys,

I am here to let you notice DolphinScheduler will switch and migrate to the new version
of front-end components[1] soon, and our old front-end components[2] will not be maintained.

The migration will be done in these two months. If we do it faster, it will be done in this month

The reason to migrate to the new components is the old components is a little old and some of the
dependences is not maintained by the community or the creator. And it is not platform-independent
And could not run in the apple M1 clip.

The new front-end components make our UI more modern, easier to maintain, improve performance
, speed and security.

About how to build and run the new front-end, see more detail in the ui-next readme file[3]

After we migrate to the new version front-end, all bug-reports and features requests should be
target to the new one, and the old front-end will not accept any PR unless related to security issues

[1]: https://github.com/apache/dolphinscheduler/tree/dev/dolphinscheduler-ui-next <https://github.com/apache/dolphinscheduler/tree/dev/dolphinscheduler-ui-next>
[2]: https://github.com/apache/dolphinscheduler/tree/dev/dolphinscheduler-ui <https://github.com/apache/dolphinscheduler/tree/dev/dolphinscheduler-ui>
[3]: https://github.com/apache/dolphinscheduler/tree/dev/dolphinscheduler-ui-next#readme <https://github.com/apache/dolphinscheduler/tree/dev/dolphinscheduler-ui-next#readme>

—

Cheers,
— Jiajie Zhong

Re: [NOTICE] Migrate to new front-end components soon

Posted by Jiajie Zhong <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,

Two months after we send the notice mail, we find out few bugs in the
old front-end component, and most of the pull requests are for the new
front-end component. What's more, we have already released version
3.0.0-alpha, and it uses the new front-end component, and all our CI
and E2E run with the new.

So I think is time we should totally remove the old front-end
component in our codebase, aka module `dolphinscheduler-ui` in the
repository. Our committer songjian already create an issue to target
it in [1]. If you have any other opposing views, please let us know in
this mail thread or in the Github issue[1]

[1]: https://github.com/apache/dolphinscheduler/issues/9896

--
Best Wish
— Jiajie