Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ra...@jpmchase.com on 2005/11/30 19:25:56 UTC

How not to include all jar files from parent pom?

Can anyone please provide me some sample for below problem, i tried adding
<exclusions> in EAR>pom.xml <build>section but it still includs all jars
from parent pom

this is my project structre

+- - Project
|     +- - EJBs
|            +- - - pom.xml
|      +- - War
|              + - - - pom.xml
|       +- - EAR
|               + - - - pom.xml
|- - pom.xml

so when i ran "mvn package" from "Porject>" directory it goes and creates
ejbs jar and war and also ear file and works fine.

but my problem is my ear file contains all the other dependencies jar from
EJBs & War Directory which i don't want. is there a way to control this so
that it will only have my EJBs.jar and War.war file only not the
dependecies jar of EJBs & War

Thanks,
=============================
Raghurajan Gurunathan

=============================

Re: How not to include all jar files from parent pom?

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Indeed. My mistake, tired yesterday.

s/

On 12/1/05, Henry Isidro <hi...@exist.com> wrote:

> Stephane Nicoll wrote:
>
> >Use the right scope. If you don't want them to be included, specify the
> >scope of your dependency (compile / provided).
> >
> >Hope it helps,
> >Stéphane
> >

> Just to clarify things further, the "compile" scope includes the
> dependencies in the final package and the "provided" scope does not.
>
> Regards,
> Henry

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: How not to include all jar files from parent pom?

Posted by Henry Isidro <hi...@exist.com>.

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.

--
.::You're welcome ::.