Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Raymund Nickel <ra...@raymund.exxs.net> on 2007/05/24 22:39:47 UTC

Unsupported component-family/renderer-type: javax.faces.ViewRoot/javax.faces.Text

Hi,
i posted this problem a few weeks ago, but nobody answered.
Now i try it again with some more informations.

I have a problem with jscook menu. The first time im opening the
mainpage which is containing the jscook menu, everything is fine. But
when im hitting a menu item im getting the following error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: ServletException in
'/WEB-INF/tiles/main-layout.jsp': ServletException in
'/WEB-INF/tiles/menu.jsp': jscook menu is not embedded in a form.
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:154)
	org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:147)

This error sounds easy to fix... "jscook menu is not embedded in a
form.", but the jscook already is embedded in a form and the error still
apears.

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk" prefix="t"%>
	<h:form>
		<t:jscookMenu id="mainMenu" layout="hbr" theme="ThemeOffice">
			<t:navigationMenuItems id="navItems"
value="#{mainMenuHandler.panelNavigationItems}" />
		</t:jscookMenu>
	</h:form>

There is a warning before the error message, in this case when im
hitting the user-button to load the user.jsp:

24.05.2007 22:20:49 org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlRenderKitImpl
getRenderer
WARNUNG: Unsupported component-family/renderer-type:
javax.faces.ViewRoot/javax.faces.Text
24.05.2007 22:20:49 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: No Renderer found for component {Component-Path : [Class:
javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot,ViewId: /user.jsp]}
(component-family=javax.faces.ViewRoot, renderer-type=javax.faces.Text)
24.05.2007 22:20:49 javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase getRenderer

Im using tiles and tomahawk 1.1.5

I hope someone can help me.
Thanks a lot,
ray

Re: Unsupported component-family/renderer-type: javax.faces.ViewRoot/javax.faces.Text

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Honestly, I am a developer of the project and it was just inspiration.
Renderers are found using a family and a component type. I don't know
how tiles work, but the implementation expects that the first
component in a page is the view tag (UIViewRoot) component so when it
has found a different component (probably an outputText) it has tried
to find a renderer for the family of the expected component
(UIViewRoot) and the type of the component found (text), not finding
it because it does not exist.
Well, I guess that for this case a more clear exception should be needed.

Cheers,

Bruno

Posted by Raymund Nickel <ra...@raymund.exxs.net>.

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.