Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/14 10:36:55 UTC

MyFaces 2.0 Ajax and a big thank you

Hello Ganesh and Alex

I have committed the patches into the main MyFaces tree, again a big
thank you you did a load of work over easter and wow the code now has
become slim...

Ok here is the additional timetable from my side:

I would work on the response handling again on thursday and friday,
I cannot do it before since I am bound by company projects as you know
from monday til wednesday.

What I would do is, to finish the response area on the javascript side
and then add some mockup tests via a servlet which simulates the
response according to the spec xml schema do iron out the bugs
(especially working around the IE bugs in its quirks mode in the
setAttributes areae is still an untested water by some parts of the code
I preworked last week, it should work but needs testing on my side!).

I am not sure if I am able to commit the servlet tests into the apache
codebase since automated tests in this area require selenium which again
requires x-windows on the unix side for the browser engines as far as I
know.

After that I will have a look at the java codebase to start with the
Ajax ResponseWriter, if nothing has been done in the area yet!

If you guys want to work upfront in any area you want feel free...
I am sure you still have work to do on your specialized listeners or you
might want to work on the response as well.

I will apply the patches as soon as possible as they crawl up so that
you guys have an easier life to keep the codebases in sync!

Again thanks for your tremendous help, you definitely have earned a huge
applause by the rest of the community!

Werner

Re: MyFaces 2.0 Ajax and a big thank you

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1, there has been a lot of activity around MyFaces 2.0 AJAX, which is
great. Thanks Ganesh and Alex.

I'm for sure gonna play with the new AJAX features soon. ;-)

/JK

Re: MyFaces2.0 compile error in javax.faces.component._SelectItemsIterator

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
That's good to know. Maybe we should wikify that fact for MyFaces in
general?

~ Simon

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

MyFaces2.0 compile error in javax.faces.component._SelectItemsIterator

Posted by Ganesh <ga...@j4fry.org>.
Hi Simon,

Re: MyFaces 2.0 Ajax Java part

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: MyFaces 2.0 Ajax Java part

Posted by Ganesh <ga...@j4fry.org>.
Hi Simon,

Re: MyFaces 2.0 Ajax Java part

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ganesh,

Re: MyFaces 2.0 Ajax Java part

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Sorry to jump in here as well, I assume the best thing again in this
area is simply to write a mockup and then test against the RI
javascripts before going against ours (or vice versa)...

After all the entire ResponseWriter comes down to a handful of methods
which also could theoretically be triggered within a servlet context
and 1-2 supporting mockup classes....

Werner

MyFaces 2.0 Ajax Java part

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
I second that.

~ Simon

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Ganesh and Alex
>
> I have committed the patches into the main MyFaces tree, again a big thank
> you you did a load of work over easter and wow the code now has become
> slim...
>
> Ok here is the additional timetable from my side:
>
> I would work on the response handling again on thursday and friday,
> I cannot do it before since I am bound by company projects as you know from
> monday til wednesday.
>
> What I would do is, to finish the response area on the javascript side and
> then add some mockup tests via a servlet which simulates the response
> according to the spec xml schema do iron out the bugs (especially working
> around the IE bugs in its quirks mode in the setAttributes areae is still an
> untested water by some parts of the code I preworked last week, it should
> work but needs testing on my side!).
>
> I am not sure if I am able to commit the servlet tests into the apache
> codebase since automated tests in this area require selenium which again
> requires x-windows on the unix side for the browser engines as far as I
> know.
>
> After that I will have a look at the java codebase to start with the Ajax
> ResponseWriter, if nothing has been done in the area yet!
>
> If you guys want to work upfront in any area you want feel free...
> I am sure you still have work to do on your specialized listeners or you
> might want to work on the response as well.
>
> I will apply the patches as soon as possible as they crawl up so that you
> guys have an easier life to keep the codebases in sync!
>
> Again thanks for your tremendous help, you definitely have earned a huge
> applause by the rest of the community!

+1