Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by mbangwa <ad...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/04 21:13:02 UTC

Best Testing Framework to Simulate a Distributed Network (functional testing)?

Hi,

I have the following application set up:

1. A distributed system of servers and special servers and common user
nodes.

2. Each server is connected with every other special server but not with a
server.

3. Every time a client wants to connect to a server, it first connects with
a special server which then loactes the best server available to it and send
its IP address to it after which a normal connection is established between
that client and its nearest (best) server.

There are failsafe arrangements built into the code.

Which testing framework will allow me to test this across a small sample
network ? I dont wish to only simulate this on a single machine but across
multiple machines with each having a role among the three mentioned above.

Any help will be most welcome.

Note : Im not looking for stress/load tests but for functional testing.
Also, I don't want to test the architecture and the design (only) but the
actual code that has been written.