Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/21 22:27:09 UTC

Updating of SVN properties?

Hi,
I use an IDE (Eclipse) for developing OpenJPA.  Whenever I synchronize with
the OpenJPA SVN repository, I have some common, minor updates to the
svn:ignore values in the SVN properties.  For example, I add the "target"
directory to the svn:ignore property, and I add ".*" to the svn:ignore
property so that the Eclipse-related .classpath and .project files are
ignored.  Would it be okay to put these changes to the OpenJPA SVN
repository?  I notice that some of the OpenJPA sub-projects have properties
already integrated, but not all of them.

Are these type of changes acceptable to the group?

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Updating of SVN properties?

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Doh!  Thanks for the reminder, Bill.  I didn't even think of that.

On Windows, I updated the \Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
Data\Subversion\config file to include the following statement in the
[miscellany] section:

global-ignores = target .*

I re-started Eclipse after making this update and this worked real nice.
Much better solution (although I already committed the property changes)...

Kevin

Posted by Bill Dudney <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1

I use Netbeans and the .netbeans file needs similar treatment. I've
been used to simply "ignoring" it "manually" but an svn property is
even better.

Craig

On Aug 21, 2006, at 2:38 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> +1 Seems like a good idea.
>

> On Aug 21, 2006, at 1:33 PM, Bryan Noll wrote:
>
>> +1...
>>
>> Was thinking the same thing...
>>
>> Kevin Sutter wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I use an IDE (Eclipse) for developing OpenJPA.  Whenever I
>>> synchronize with
>>> the OpenJPA SVN repository, I have some common, minor updates to the
>>> svn:ignore values in the SVN properties.  For example, I add the
>>> "target"
>>> directory to the svn:ignore property, and I add ".*" to the
>>> svn:ignore
>>> property so that the Eclipse-related .classpath and .project
>>> files are
>>> ignored.  Would it be okay to put these changes to the OpenJPA SVN
>>> repository?  I notice that some of the OpenJPA sub-projects have
>>> properties
>>> already integrated, but not all of them.
>>>
>>> Are these type of changes acceptable to the group?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kevin

Craig Russell

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.