Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Emmanuel Cecchet <Em...@inrialpes.fr> on 2004/11/24 18:03:28 UTC

Re: trouble getting connection to Derby

Hi Bruce,

> ij> CONNECT 'jdbc:derby:net//127.0.0.1:1527/foo';
> ERROR 08001: No suitable driver

You miss a : in your url between net and //
When the DriverManager returns 'No suitable driver' it means that no
driver was able to interpret the URL.

Hope this helps,
Emmanuel

Re: trouble getting connection to Derby

Posted by Bruce Snyder <fe...@frii.com>.
Emmanuel Cecchet wrote:

>> ij> CONNECT 'jdbc:derby:net//127.0.0.1:1527/foo';
>> ERROR 08001: No suitable driver
>

> You miss a : in your url between net and //
> When the DriverManager returns 'No suitable driver' it means that no
> driver was able to interpret the URL.

Thanks Emmanuel! I can't believe that I overlooked that.

BTW, congrats on winning the Derby contest at ApacheCon.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","<0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F9E<G)E=\$\!F<FEI+F-O;0\`\`");'