Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alex Liu <al...@channelwave.com> on 2003/04/24 16:40:58 UTC

Why the JAR files generated via "java:jar" cannot be loaded by We bLogic server 7.0 (sp2)? Did I do something wrong?

Hi,

I have setup a maven project that builds a web application to be deployed in
WebLogic Server 7.0.  The project's structure looks like this:
master-proj
  |-- jar1-proj
  |-- jar2-proj
  |-- web-proj

When JAR files are generated in "jar1-proj" and "jar2-proj", they will be
put in "/WEB-INF/lib" (because of dependencies defined in "web-proj).  For
some reason, WebLogic's class loader cannot load any class from those JAR
files. I have to unpack those JAR files manually into "/WEB-INF/classes" to
make it work.

Did I do something wrong here?  Or because the JAR file names have too many
"." in it (ie.  XXX-XXX-5.5.0.jar) :-)  By the way, I used "java:jar" goal
to make those JAR files.

I have tested on Linux (RH 8 and RH 9) and Windows 2000 server.  None of
WebLogic server on each machine can load classes from the JAR generated by
maven.

Please help!!!

Alex