Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com> on 2006/01/12 16:27:04 UTC

event MPM status in 2.2

The event MPM is listed in the "new features" document for 2.2, which
rather implies that it should work and is to some degree supported; yet
configure will issue the doom and gloom messages about the code being
incomplete and that nobody should use it except developers wishing to
improve it.  (since it's in server/mpm/experimental still)

So... which is it?

joe

Re: event MPM status in 2.2

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.
Joe Orton wrote:
> The event MPM is listed in the "new features" document for 2.2, which
> rather implies that it should work and is to some degree supported; yet
> configure will issue the doom and gloom messages about the code being
> incomplete and that nobody should use it except developers wishing to
> improve it.  (since it's in server/mpm/experimental still)
>
> So... which is it?

Well, the primary reason it is still in experimental, from my
perspective, is the lack of mod_ssl/HTTPS support.  If we could get that
fixed, I would be +1 for making it non-experimental.

If you use it for non-SSL connections, it works great, and we shouldn't
be spreading much gloom or doom messages about that.

So, maybe we should change the configure script for 2.2.1?

-Paul