Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Andryc <ka...@miser.umass.edu> on 2002/07/19 18:00:52 UTC

server.xml silly question

I am migrating from Tomcat 3.x to Tomcat 4.x and I have directories in
different locations on the server. My question is, how do I configure
server.xml so that I can add these directories. In server.xml, it has
something like this:

<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true">
</Host>

Can I define another "localhost" but with a different "appBase" to point to
my other directories? Something like:

<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="/opt/dir1" unpackWARs="true">
</Host>

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Andryc
Web Systems Engineer
MISER
http://www.umass.edu/miser/
Phone: (413)-545-3460
kandryc@miser.umass.edu

Re: server.xml silly question

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Kevin Andryc wrote:

> Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:00:52 -0400
> From: Kevin Andryc <ka...@miser.umass.edu>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: server.xml silly question
>
> I am migrating from Tomcat 3.x to Tomcat 4.x and I have directories in
> different locations on the server. My question is, how do I configure
> server.xml so that I can add these directories. In server.xml, it has
> something like this:
>
> <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true">
> </Host>
>
> Can I define another "localhost" but with a different "appBase" to point to
> my other directories? Something like:
>
> <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="/opt/dir1" unpackWARs="true">
> </Host>

Yes -- the value for appBase (on <Host>) or docBase (on <Context>) can be
absolute or relative.

You'll find a lot more information about configuration if you take a look
at the docs -- they are included in the Tomcat release
(http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/), or online:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/
  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/

The server configuration guide has detailed info about all the possible
settings.

> Thanks,
> Kevin

Craig