Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Mathijs Homminga <ma...@kalooga.com> on 2012/02/28 14:09:25 UTC

[nutchgora] AbstractFetchSchedule.forceFetch method resets fetch status

Hi,

Does anyone know why the AbstractFetchSchedule.forceFetch method sets the page.status to STATUS_UNFETCHED?

The DbUpdateReducer calls this method when the page.fetchInterval exceeds the (current) db.fetch.interval.max.
As I understand it, we call this method to keep all fetchIntervals in the webtable within the current maximum, but why reset the page status?

I bumped into this because my db.fetch.interval.default > db.fetch.interval.max ;))
After a couple of successful crawl cycles, all of my webpages still were STATUS_UNFETCHED.

Cheers,
Mathijs

Re: [nutchgora] AbstractFetchSchedule.forceFetch method resets fetch status

Posted by Mathijs Homminga <ma...@kalooga.com>.
Yes, thanks.
It is related. However, it does not apply to DB_GONE pages (only), but to all pages that have their fetchInterval > max interval.

Actually, I'm still a bit puzzled by the scheduling related parameters and the way the AbstractFetchSchedule handles them.
Why do pages with a fetchInterval > maxInterval suddenly have to be fetched?
I would say that if we encounter such pages, we correct the fetchInterval (set it to the maxInterval) and leave it there. Also, I would suggest that we only do this at DbUpdate time.

Mathijs

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex