Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Robert O'neill <ro...@us.ibm.com> on 2012/10/26 21:11:09 UTC

Problem creating new layout template

I am having a problem getting a new layout template that I created to
appear in Rave.

I am following the steps at:

http://rave.apache.org/documentation/add-page-template.html

1.) To create my jsp fragment:
      - cd rave-portal-resources/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/layouts
      - cp columns_1.jsp my_layout.jsp

2.) To insert the new record into the PAGE_LAYOUT table:
      - cd rave-portal-resources/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/db
      - I open initial_data.sql and add the following lines:

      set @my_layout_id = (SELECT seq_count FROM RAVE_PORTAL_SEQUENCES
WHERE seq_name = @page_layout_seq);
      insert into page_layout (entity_id, code,  number_of_regions,
render_sequence, user_selectable)
      values (@my_layout_id, 'my_layout', 1, 9, true);
      UPDATE RAVE_PORTAL_SEQUENCES SET seq_count = (seq_count + 1) WHERE
seq_name = @page_layout_seq;

3.) To add new property to the messages.properties bundle:
      - page.general.addpage.layout.my_layout=My Layout

4.) After this I rebuild and restart:
      - In the top level directory I run 'mvn install'
      - Then I cd into rave-portal and run 'mvn cargo:start'

After I execute these steps, I log in as 'canonical'. When I go to create a
new page, my template does not appear in the dropdown.

I looked through the log that mvn install generated and found that the sql
that it ran to create the page_layout table did not contain the 'my_layout'
additions.

I then looked through the entire rave directory structure and the only
initial_data.sql that did not contain my additions was in the .svn folder.

What am I doing wrong or what steps can I take to remedy this?

Thanks.

Bob O'Neill

Re: Problem creating new layout template

Posted by Robert O'neill <ro...@us.ibm.com>.
Chris,

That did the trick.

Thanks,

Bob

From:	Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>
To:	dev@rave.apache.org,
Date:	10/26/2012 03:28 PM
Subject:	Re: Problem creating new layout template

Bob,

The initial_data.sql file is only run if there is no rave db created. If
you ran Rave, then modified the file, and restarted Rave it wouldn't get
run again. You need to delete the rave db file to have it regenerated
(assuming you are using the H2 db). That is usually in your /tmp folder (on
linux/mac at least). Can you give that a try?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.
Bob,