Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Jie Bao <ji...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/23 18:31:05 UTC

svn rm deletes local copy too

hi all,

currently by using the command svn rm, the user is forced not only to remove
the file out of version control but the local copy is deleted as well. what
if i just want to remove the version control but keep the file in the
meantime. does it require a new feature or is there some kind of workaround?

cheers,
jie

--
If you buy chocolates then they'll be wrapped so beautifully that it will
feel like a crime to unwrap them.

Re: svn rm deletes local copy too

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Jie Bao wrote:
> hi all,
>
> currently by using the command svn rm, the user is forced not only to
> remove the file out of version control but the local copy is deleted as
> well. what if i just want to remove the version control but keep the
> file in the meantime. does it require a new feature or is there some
> kind of workaround?

This question belongs on users@, not dev@ (since it isn't about Subversion
development).  But since I'm already responding, have you noticed the
--keep-local option to 'svn rm'?

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>