Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Charles Mccrea <ch...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/10 05:08:19 UTC

Re:. RPM install of Guacamole

Hello,

I'd like to have Guacamole added to Nethserver (https://www.nethserver.org/)  but the requirement is to have Guacamole install via RPM. Is there any plan to package guacamole in an RPM?

What would it take to package Guacamole as a package install?

Thank you.

Re: . RPM install of Guacamole

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 6:47 PM Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 3:08 AM Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 12:08 AM Charles Mccrea <ch...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'd like to have Guacamole added to Nethserver (
>>> https://www.nethserver.org/)  but the requirement is to have Guacamole
>>> install via RPM. Is there any plan to package guacamole in an RPM?
>>>

>> The Guacamole Project will not maintain platform-specific packages (RPMs,
>> DEBs, etc.).  There are others who do, and may be able to respond on this
>> list with locations of packages, but it isn't something that will be
>> released on the official Guacamole site or as part of the release process.
>>

>>> What would it take to package Guacamole as a package install?
>>>

>> It shouldn't be too terribly difficult - Guacamole Server (guacd) is
>> already packaged by a couple of different projects (EPEL, for example,
>> keeps up with it for the EL6/7/8 platforms), and its reasonably
>> straight-forward.  Guacamole Client should also be doable and probably even
>> simpler as you basically just need to capture WAR and JAR files and have a
>> standard place to put them.
>>
>> It looks like Nethserver is based on CentOS, so you might be able to add
>> the EPEL repo and use the packages, there.  I think they tend to lag a
>> little behind the official release, so you'll want to check the version -
>> I'm not sure if 1.1.0 has made it into the repos, yet.
>>

> If Nethserver is indeed based on CentOS / RHEL, my dayjob [1] produces RPM
> packages which may fit the bill.

"Based on CentOS/RHEL, a widespread and popular server distribution,
trusted by routine security updates, and rock solid stability." [1]

;-)

-Nick

[1] - https://www.nethserver.org/

Re: . RPM install of Guacamole

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 20:50 Charles Mccrea <ch...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> Very sorry I didn't see your reply here!  Very much appreciate your
> reply.  Yes Nethserver is based upon CentOS 7.  Do you have the most recent
> version of Guacamole install in rpm that you support?  If so I would like
> to share this with the Nethserver Support team to consider including
> Guacamole on Nethserver.

The project doesn’t maintain any official RPMs or packages for any
distribution. However, I believe there are a set of RPMs maintained in the
EPEL repository.  I’ve no idea who maintains them but they seem to be
reasonably up to date.

-Nick

Re: . RPM install of Guacamole

Posted by Charles Mccrea <ch...@gmail.com>.