Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Simone - Dev <si...@piyosailing.com> on 2004/04/05 14:02:55 UTC

configuring realm in web.xml

Hello All,
I'm developing a webapplication that needs to authorize and authenticate
users looking inside a database.
Generally I'll be doing it adding a JDBCRealm inside the server.xml (or
in the contex xml file)
But I don't have access to these files.
I'd like to know if it is possibile to define it inside the web.xml or
if it's possibile to add some configuration for the context using the
war archive.

I looked on the web, and archive but didn't fine anything about it

Simone

-------------------------
Simone Chiaretta
 <http://www.piyosailing.com/S> www.piyosailing.com/S
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
"Life is short, play hard"

Re: configuring realm in web.xml

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
On 04/05/2004 02:02 PM Simone - Dev wrote:
> Hello All,
> I'm developing a webapplication that needs to authorize and authenticate
> users looking inside a database.
> Generally I'll be doing it adding a JDBCRealm inside the server.xml (or
> in the contex xml file)
> But I don't have access to these files.
> I'd like to know if it is possibile to define it inside the web.xml or
> if it's possibile to add some configuration for the context using the
> war archive.
>
> I looked on the web, and archive but didn't fine anything about it

Hi Simone
I haven't seen it mentioned for months but it used to be possible to set
up a jakarta-commons DBCP connection pool outside server.xml - I think
it was done in struts-config.xml but I am not sure. You should check the
commons-user or the struts-user mailing list archive.

Adam
--
struts 1.2 + tomcat 5.0.19 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian