Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sterpu Victor <vi...@caido.ro> on 2016/11/19 16:27:59 UTC

Re[2]: HTTP :unsupported content-encoding of '' found

Yes, I traced everything with fiddler.
I can now see that "Content-Encoding: " is not defined. If this is the
reason can I safely ignore this error?
This is the raw header:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 16:08:44 GMT
x509: ********************
Host: ws.des-cnas.ro
_WS_HAPRT_WLMVERSION: -1
$WSIS: false
Surrogate-Capability: WS-ESI="ESI/1.0+"
Via: 1.1 AQAAAEZVhAE-
$WSRA: 172.30.8.81
OSCP_RESPONSE: *****************
$WSSC: http

Posted by Sterpu Victor <vi...@caido.ro>.
This heappens in isolated cases, in thye last 5 days I have 14 such
errors out of 900 SOAP calls.
This is not a Axis2 problem, http client 3 has the problem and is
somehow triggered by this weird header and content received from the
server.
I mean all the majority of the response headers that came from the
server do not contain a content-encoding and I don't receive this error.
The error appears only when server replies with my original content and
when the server includes a lot of unnecessary header fields.

Anyway I think the simpliest solution is to recompile the
axis2-transport-http-1.7.3.jar and change the lines where the exception
is throwed(simply set contentEncoding = identity when contentEncoding
='').

  protected void processResponse(HttpResponse response, MessageContext
msgContext)
             throws IOException {
         obtainHTTPHeaderInformation(response, msgContext);

         HttpEntity httpEntity = response.getEntity();
         InputStream in = httpEntity.getContent();
         if (in == null) {
             throw new AxisFault(Messages.getMessage("canNotBeNull",
"InputStream"));
         }
         Header contentEncoding = httpEntity.getContentEncoding();
         if (contentEncoding != null) {
             if
(contentEncoding.getValue().equalsIgnoreCase(HTTPConstants.COMPRESSION_GZIP))
{
                 in = new GZIPInputStream(in);
                 // If the content-encoding is identity we can basically
ignore
                 // it.
             } else if
(!"identity".equalsIgnoreCase(contentEncoding.getValue())) {
                 throw new AxisFault("HTTP :" + "unsupported
content-encoding of '"
                                     + contentEncoding.getValue() + "'
found");
             }
         }

         OperationContext opContext = msgContext.getOperationContext();
         if (opContext != null) {
             opContext.setProperty(MessageContext.TRANSPORT_IN, in);
         }
     }

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sterpu Victor <vi...@caido.ro>.
I followed the answers from the server fo a few days and found that
sometimes the server sends no Content-Encoding and I still get this
error - "HTTP :unsupported content-encoding of ''".

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sterpu Victor <vi...@caido.ro>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.