Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paras Lehana <pa...@indiamart.com> on 2020/02/25 06:25:29 UTC

Re: Solr 6.3 and OpenJDK 11

Hi Arnold,

Why not simply use the latest Solr 8 with Java 11? Upgrade is worth it. :)

Actually, no one would be able to answer your question without having the
experience with the same. Or you can experiment and report the experience
here. :P

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 04:43, Arnold Bronley <ar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How much of a problem would it be if I use OpenJDK 11 with Solr 6.3. I am
> aware that the system requirements page for Solr mentions that 'You should
> avoid Java 9 or later for Lucene/Solr 6.x or earlier.' I am interested in
> knowing what sort functionalities would break in Solr if I try to use
> OpenJDK 11 with Solr 6.3.

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, *Auto-Suggest*,
IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd,

11th Floor, Tower 2, Assotech Business Cresterra,
Plot No. 22, Sector 135, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India 201305

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 0120-4056700 | Extn:
*11096*

--