Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sebastian Breit <Se...@T-Systems.com> on 2007/01/25 14:35:03 UTC

Dont ask central repository for own artifacts

Hi,

it is possible to exclude requests on my own artifacts to the central
repository?

Everytime if an artifact was not found in my local or company repository
the central repositories are called. Thats ok for really central
artifacts like plugins or free libs but its not ok for company
artifacts. Can i exclude these artifacts from this central requests?

Regards
Sebastian

Re: Dont ask central repository for own artifacts

Posted by Sebastian Breit <Se...@T-Systems.com>.
Thanks. Proximity looks good.

Sebastian

Wayne Fay schrieb:
> In short, no you cannot, at least not with Maven 2.0.4.
>
> Instead, you are generally suggested to set up a Maven Proxy
> (Proximity, Archiva, etc) and override Central with a <mirrorOf> in
> your settings.xml file. Then you configure the Proxy to only go out to
> Central for non-local artifacts.
>
> Wayne
>
> On 1/25/07, Sebastian Breit <Se...@t-systems.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> it is possible to exclude requests on my own artifacts to the central
>> repository?
>>
>> Everytime if an artifact was not found in my local or company repository
>> the central repositories are called. Thats ok for really central
>> artifacts like plugins or free libs but its not ok for company
>> artifacts. Can i exclude these artifacts from this central requests?
>>
>> Regards
>> Sebastian

T-Systems Multimedia Solutions GmbH (T-Systems MMS)
Sebastian Breit
Softwareentwickler
Hausanschrift: Riesaer Strasse 5, 01129 Dresden
Postanschrift:  Postfach 10 02 24, 01072 Dresden
Telefon: +49 351 28 20-29 27
Telefax: +49 351 28 20-51 14
E-Mail: mailto:Sebastian.Breit@t-systems.com
Internet: http://www.t-systems-mms.com

Re: Dont ask central repository for own artifacts

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.