Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Bill Fernandez <bi...@billfernandez.com> on 2009/01/08 22:44:42 UTC

Sprint Planning Call Announcment

Greetings ESME people:

David asked me to set up a sprint planning call.  I've never done
this before, so I welcome comments and corrections.

DATE & TIME
Friday, 9-January-2009, 9:00AM in GMT -8 timezone (US Pacific time).

VENUE
Darren, David says we always use your conference bridge and that
you'll send out the access info.  Is that correct?

PARTICIPANTS
David said to invite the same people as on the "The ESME to-do list"
thread, plus to the esme-dev google group, so that's what I've done.
Here's the list (below).  If you think you shouldn't be on it please
tell me, or if I've missed someong then please forward this to them
and tell me so I can add them next time.

esme-dev@incubator.apache.org,
esme-dev@googlegroups.com,
achim.luhn@siemens.com,
richard.hirsch@siemens.com,
bill@billfernandez.com,
feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com

PLANNING TIMEFRAME
David suggested a three week sprint from  12-Jan-09 to 30-jan-09.

AGENDA
I assume the call will be most productive if we have an appropriate
framework of topics, and a time budget.  So please send me a list of
suggested topic and time durations.  I'll compile the and suggest a
loose agenda.  If this is not the way we do (or want to do) things
then set me straight.

My suggestions:

o Call for new topics:
   -- Discussion Leader: Richard
   -- Estimated Duration: 30 seconds.

o Team structure:
   -- Discussion Leader: David
   -- Estimated Duration: 10 minutes

o Apache Incubator, etc. logistics:
   -- Discussion Leader: David
   -- Estimated Duration: 15 minutes
   -- contributor license agreements
   -- ???

o End user UI:
   -- Discussion Leader: Bill
   -- Estimated Duration: 20 minutes.
   -- goals, strategy, sprint objectives, task assignments

o Admin user UI:
   -- Discussion Leader: Bill
   -- Estimated Duration: 10 minutes.
   -- goals, strategy, sprint objectives, task assignments

o Server-related discussions:
   -- Discussion Leader: David
   -- Estimated Duration: 30 minutes?
   -- ???

o New topics...
   -- Discussion Leader: whoever suggests the topic
   -- Estimated Duration: open

Did I miss anything?
--Bill

Bill Fernandez  *  User Interface Architect  *  Bill Fernandez Design

(505) 346-3080  *  bill@billfernandez.com  *  http://billfernandez.com

Re: AW: Sprint Planning Call Announcment

Posted by Bill Fernandez <bi...@billfernandez.com>.
Richard--

I have no problem with Tuesday.  I sent the announcement as requested
by David.  So David, what say you?

--Bill

Posted by "Hirsch, Richard" <ri...@siemens.com>.
Bill

Good agenda.  What about having it Tuesday as Anne suggested? Then it will fit into our usual schedule and I will have enough time to look at your UI spec again and be able to provide comments.

D.