Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Frank Kootte <fr...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/11 17:31:20 UTC

Implementing a grouping comparator with avro

I need to implement secondary sort within an avro based MR sequence. I
however find little to documentation or examples online.
I would like to implement this by overriding the  'int
compare(AvroWrapper<T> x, AvroWrapper<T> y)' method but I fail to have it
invoked.
Does anybody have experience implementing secondary sort on deserialised
avro objects ?

Some help, advise or pointers will be very much appreciated !

--
Mvrgr. Frank