Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Brin <ab...@digitalantiquity.org> on 2017/07/14 12:40:53 UTC

2.5.12 & security fix protocol

Hi Lukasz,
  Out of curiosity, I'm wondering, what the protocol or choice was about
including the security patches for struts2 in a "new" release as opposed to
a point release for 2.5.10 (eg. 2.5.10.1)?  It would seem like the smallest
change possible should be included, but this version seemed to have quite a
few more changes.

thanks,

adam

Adam Brin
Director of Technology, Digital Antiquity
480.965.1278

Re: 2.5.12 & security fix protocol

Posted by Adam Brin <ab...@digitalantiquity.org>.
thanks for the clarification.

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 5:53 AM, Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>
wrote:

> > Hi Lukasz,
> >   Out of curiosity, I'm wondering, what the protocol or choice was about
> > including the security patches for struts2 in a "new" release as opposed
> > a point release for 2.5.10 (eg. 2.5.10.1)?  It would seem like the
> smallest
> > change possible should be included, but this version seemed to have
> quite a
> > few more changes.
>
> We assumed that the vulnerabilities are not so critical and the new
> version is almost ready. Also workarounds exist so you can apply them
> to be safe if you are not able to migrate to the latest version.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-047
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-049
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Adam Brin
Director of Technology, Digital Antiquity
480.965.1278 <(480)%20965-1278>

Re: 2.5.12 & security fix protocol

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.