Posted to dev@pekko.apache.org by PJ Fanning <fa...@apache.org> on 2023/01/22 00:01:46 UTC

akka-enhancements

Hi everyone,
The akka docs (and our pekko clone of them) document 'Akka-Enhancements'.

https://doc.akka.io/docs/akka-enhancements/current/

It is not clear where the code that implements these modules resides.
If there are proprietary Lightbend modules that have never been OSS,
then we should probably just remove the Pekko doc references. If
anyone knows where OSS versions of these modules can be found, then
maybe we can produce Pekko versions of them.

Regards,
PJ

Re: akka-enhancements

Posted by Tim Moore <tm...@incrementalism.net>.
Yes, these are commercial/closed-source extensions sold by Lightbend. Not relevant for Pekko.

Some of the components were later open sourced and integrated into the main Akka source code and docs, as noted on the individual pages (e.g., https://doc.akka.io/docs/akka-enhancements/current/split-brain-resolver.html, which is now in the Akka-cluster module). In any case, the “enhancements” docs should be removed from Pekko.

Best,
Tim