Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Clifford Audinet <cl...@stonebranch.com> on 2007/01/22 18:54:10 UTC

[Axis2c] axis2_svc_client_create_for_dynamic_invocation returns NULL

Hello,

I am attempting to use the dynamic_client example bundled with axis2c
and have encountered a problem I hope you can shed some light on.  But
first the particulars.

I am using:
axis2c v0.96 win binaries
WinXP Pro as the dev platform
MS Visual C++ 6.0

A bit of History:
I couple of weeks ago I was using the AxisC++ 1.5 and 1.6b framework
(win binaries) to develop a prototype C client.  One of the requirements
was dynamic invocation which that framework didn't support, among other
issues.  I  found the WSIF  project  but it was written in Java.  So
after Googling for a bit  I discovered the Axis2C Framework and noted
that not only is it written in C, but it supported dynamic invocation.
Perfect as all of my company's products are written in C.  The demo I'm
trying to create makes 2 web service calls.  The first to retrieve a
login token from Atlassion's Jira test project, and the second to submit
an issue to the test project using the retrieved token.

The Installation:
I didn't have any trouble with the installation and was able to run all
of the samples using the axis2_http_server.exe application.

The Problem:
I modified the dynamic_client example to take all of the arguments
related to dynamic invocation (WSDL file, namespace, service URL,
operation, operation parameters, etc) from the command line and tested
it using the Calculator example and it worked.  By this time I've
figured out how the API docs are organized and I have a basic
understanding of how the framework works.

When I changed the command line arguments to point to a service that was
not local to my environment I started getting errors when the service
client was being created.  I tried a couple of different things but got
the same result.  I figured out how to use the macros to print the
variable as strings to check the args to the function and things look OK
to me but I'm sure I'm missing something.  Here's what I'm passing in
along with their values:

axis2_svc_client_create_for_dynamic_invocation(
env,                      //the usual pointer to an environment variable
config_stx,            //In the example this is NULL, but the docs said
it should be a pointer to a configuration struct...so I created one,
although it's empty
wsdl_uri,              //The URI to the WSDL file which, based on the
output of AXIS2_URI_TO_STRING, WSDL URI is:
C:\axis2c\bin\samples\resources\jirasoapservice-v2.wsdl
wsdl_svc_qname  //The service qname which, based on the output of
AXIS2_QNAME_TO_STRING, QNAME is:
JiraSoapServiceService|http://jira.atlassian.com/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2
progParams->ws_name //The web service name: "JiraSoapServiceService"
client_home          //The axis2c deploy location "C:\axis2c"
);

Note for wsdl_uri:  I had switched to a local WSDL URI in the hopes that
is was something related to a remote service but I got the same result
regardless.  The remote WSDL URI was:
http://jira.atlassian.com/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2?wsdl

The return from the function is, unfortunately, NULL (0x00000000).
Sometimes it goes into the error block and sometimes it results in an
unhandled exception in the AXIS_ENGINE.DLL: 0x00000005: Access Violation
(sometimes I can fix this error by rebooting...I love Windows  :-(   ).
I have tried the original example again and it still works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (let me know if you need
additional information).

Thanks,

Cliff

--
Clifford Audinet
Software Architect

Stonebranch, Inc.
950 North Point Parkway
Suite 200
Alpharetta, Ga 30005
(678) 366-7887 X316
http://www.stonebranch.com
mailto:clifford.audinet@stonebranch.com

Re: [Axis2c] axis2_svc_client_create_for_dynamic_invocation returns NULL

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I have done some tests on dynamic client and unfortunately I was caught up
in another important work so I was unable to work on it that much. I think
there are some problems with dynamic client and I'll hope to working on it
tomorrow onwards.  So  I'll let you know progress of my work. If you have
any comments and suggestions about this issue feel free to send them to the
mailing list.

Thank You
Milinda

milinda@wso2.com