Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Vachon <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/15 14:26:31 UTC

Using localStorage in JMeter

Hi All,

I am trying to build a test suite to test the performance of one of our
system and I need to provide some information to each thread so that the
following code will work...

  <script type="application/javascript">
        var getName = function() {
            var name;
            try {
                name = window.localStorage.getItem("user-name");
            } catch(error) {
                console.log(error);
            }
            if(!name) {
                name = window.prompt("What's your name, please ?", "Rachel
Smith");

I tried setting a cookie using the CookieManager but I can not get it to
pass a predefined value.

Is there a way to put something in the localStorage so that the javascript
code will see it and proceed?

Thanks

Re: Using localStorage in JMeter

Posted by UBIK LOAD PACK Support <su...@ubikloadpack.com>.
Hello,
JMeter is not a browser, so it does not interpret Javascript.

It works on protocol level. You javascript here will end up sending a
request to the server, that's where the information will be available.
If you need to provide this to the request then you will use a CSV Data Set
(and a CSV file containing the names) and variables to send it:
- http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/functions.html#functions
-
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#CSV_Data_Set_Config

If you need to extract it from a response, you will use Extractors (CSS/
JQuery extractor, JSON-Path, XPath or regex):
-
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#postprocessors

Another option if you don't have much load to inject is to use WebDriver
and a plugin for it from jmeter-plugins.org

Regards
@ubikloadpack