Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "David \"Kavika\" Vollmar" <ka...@xilinx.com> on 2005/09/06 23:13:49 UTC

Hooks: How to extract SOURCE URL in post or pre-commit script

Hi there!
I would like to add a hook script the checks whether a uses is trying to
copy sub directories in between modules / projects and
prohibits the same.
So, assuming I have this repository structure:
repos
    product1
          trunk
           branches
          tags
    product2
          trunk
          branches
          tags
    buildsystem
          trunk
          branches
          tags

Now I would like to prohibit a user trying this:
svn copy http://myserver/repos/product1/trunk/src
http://mysferver/repos/product2/trunk/source

The problem is that I don't see a way of extracting the information of
the source URL with any svnlook command.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Kavika

Re: Hooks: How to extract SOURCE URL in post or pre-commit script

Posted by Hari Kodungallur <hk...@gmail.com>.
On 9/6/05, David Kavika Vollmar <ka...@xilinx.com> wrote:
> Hi there!
> I would like to add a hook script the checks whether a uses is trying to
> copy sub directories in between modules / projects and
> prohibits the same.
> So, assuming I have this repository structure:
> repos
>     product1
>           trunk
>            branches
>           tags
>     product2
>           trunk
>           branches
>           tags
>     buildsystem
>           trunk
>           branches
>           tags
>
> Now I would like to prohibit a user trying this:
> svn copy http://myserver/repos/product1/trunk/src
> http://mysferver/repos/product2/trunk/source
>
> The problem is that I don't see a way of extracting the information of
> the source URL with any svnlook command.

Since the copy is done between project/modules within the *same*
repository, you do not really need the entire source URL, right?
Perhaps, I am missing something?