Posted to wsrf-user@ws.apache.org by Asaf Lahav <as...@primagrid.com> on 2006/03/26 15:19:39 UTC

muse webservice wsdl question

Hi,

I am going through the FILESYSTEM WSDL sample and wondering.

The file system WSDL file specifies a few Methods and a few Properties.

Isn't the WSDL suppose to specify a Request and Response messages for each
of the specified properties (And even Fault ones is necessary)?

Further more, the current Sample WSDL doesn't specify the resource
properties anywhere other than in the FileSystemProperties element as a
child of the Schema element.

Isn't the WSDL supposed to specify the properties operations both in the
PORTTYPE and the BINDING?

Re: muse webservice wsdl question

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi,

Except for a few special cases, properties do not have their own get/set
methods - these tasks are handled by the WS-RP GetResourceProperty and
SetResourceProperties operations. The sample WSDL should include the
definitions for these operations in its port type and binding.

Clients should use the WS-RP operations when reading/writing the
resource's properties; even a client that has convenience methods for
properties (getFoo/setFoo, etc) should map down to the WS-RP operations
when putting a message on the wire. Clients that are more dynamic may
inspect the resource's WSDL at runtime to get the list of available
properties (through the link to the WS-RP document schema).

Dan

Dan Jemiolo
IBM Corporation
Research Triangle Park, NC

+++ I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat
donuts. +++