Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Oskar Casquero Oiarzabal <jt...@bi.ehu.es> on 2003/10/09 17:09:12 UTC

Re[2]: Jboss 3.2.2RC problem with sitemap.xmap

Geoff Howard wrote:

GH> Oskar Casquero Oiarzabal wrote:
>> I'm also developing a J2EE application on Jboss-2.1.1 using Cocoon-2.1
>> as webmodule. I also got these "UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find
>> the component for hint:" exception, and I solved it defining all the
>> components (<map:components>) in my rootsitemap, not only actions, generators,
>> transformers and serializers definitions, but also pipeline
>> (<map:pipe>) and matcher (<map:matcher>) component definitions.

GH> This sounds like you never defined a valid root sitemap and has nothing
GH> to do with JBoss.  Kris, if your situation is the same, can you send a
GH> copy of your root sitemap?  All sitemap components need to be defined
GH> before they are used.  Subsitemaps inherit from the root, but if you
GH> copied a sample subsitemap and tried to use it as your root sitemap,
GH> you'd have a lot of undefined components.  FYI, this need may change in
GH> future versions - there may be default sitemap components predefined.

Geoff, perhaps my explanation was not too clear, but I was trying to
explain the same. In my case, I'm used to writing subsitemaps, in
which, as you said, component definitions are inherited from root
sitemap. So, when I wrote my first root sitemap, I forgot to declare
pipeline component definition (<match:pipe>) and that's why I got the same
exception. After declaring <match:pipe> (and all the other components
I use in my sitemap) the problem was solved.

Best regars,
  Oskar

Best regards,
 Oskar                            mailto:jtacaoio@bi.ehu.es