Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org> on 2005/10/05 04:45:54 UTC

[vote] Accept JIRA contribution HARMONY-6 : Daniel Lydick's contribution of a new JVM

Daniel Lydick has offered his "BootJVM" project, a JVM he wrote,
under the Apache License to Apache Harmony.  It can be found here :

I'm working hard to get my head around it, and I've been working with
it to get to compile and now run under windows, and I'd like
somewhere to commit and discuss changes. :)

So, this vote is only about accepting the code into the project
sandbox for us, and Dan especially, to continue working on, and does
not reflect any judgement or decision on what it will be used for in
the future.

[ ] +1 Accept the code into the project sandbox
[ ] -1 Don't accept the code.  Reason :

This vote will close 72 hours from now.

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: [vote] Accept JIRA contribution HARMONY-6 : Daniel Lydick's contribution of a new JVM

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Oct 5, 2005, at 5:39 AM, Tim Ellison wrote:

> [X] +1 Accept the code into the project sandbox
>
> again, subject to the PPMC having satisfactory answers to the Harmony
> contribution checklist.  AFAIK we have no visibility of that list
> until
> it is completed.

That's correct.  Having that information is required to get it in.

For the next one, we'll include that info in the vote.

geir

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform

Re: [vote] Accept JIRA contribution HARMONY-6 : Daniel Lydick's contribution of a new JVM

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
+1 from me :)

geirm@apache.org

[RESULT] Re: [vote] Accept JIRA contribution HARMONY-6 : Daniel Lydick's contribution of a new JVM

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
This contribution was accepted by the Apache Harmony community with
unanimous support, and all documentation is complete.  This
contribution and it's contribution information has been placed in the
contrib archive (where it shall remain untouched) :

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/
contrib_archive/2005/jira/harmony-6

I've taken the liberty of placing in

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/trunk/
sandbox/contribs/bootjvm

so it's available in general, and work can begin.  We can rename,
move, whatever.

Thanks Daniel and all...

geir

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Am not sure i replied before..+1

-- dims

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 10:45:54PM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Daniel Lydick has offered his "BootJVM" project, a JVM he wrote,
> under the Apache License to Apache Harmony.  It can be found here :

> I'm working hard to get my head around it, and I've been working with
> it to get to compile and now run under windows, and I'd like
> somewhere to commit and discuss changes. :)
>
> So, this vote is only about accepting the code into the project
> sandbox for us, and Dan especially, to continue working on, and does
> not reflect any judgement or decision on what it will be used for in
> the future.

[ X ] +1 Accept the code into the project sandbox

- Leo