Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Власов Игорь Олегович <vi...@openpower.ru> on 2006/03/24 08:05:25 UTC

Encoding of standart tag

The properties file in JSE5  tiger release read is ISO-8859-1 encoding. It
is too bad. We need  a native2ascii procedure.

But we can store files in ANY encoding and then convert string to desired
encoding.

To do this I corrected file
org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.fmt.MessageSupport

Line ~ 173

<<<<<

message = bundle.getString(key);

<<<<

                    message = bundle.getString(key);

                    //!! THE ONLY ONE I NEED

                    try {

                      String
respEnc=this.pageContext.getResponse().getCharacterEncoding();

                      if (respEnc!=null&&!respEnc.equals("")){

                        message = new String(message.getBytes("ISO-8859-1"),

                                             respEnc);

                      }

                    }

                    catch (UnsupportedEncodingException ex) {

                    }

Can we incorporate this solution in Standard library ?