Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Aldrich <da...@t-modus.nec.co.uk> on 2008/01/31 16:17:29 UTC

TortoiseSVN & .subversion folder

Hi

Please can someone help me out with a simple TortoiseSVN query?

We are planning to introduce some new developers to Subversion. They
will use TortoiseSVN. As I understand it, TortoiseSVN uses a SVN library
and does not require the Subversion client. Am I correct?

My main concern is sharing a config file for auto-properties. If we do
not install the Subversion client, how will a .subversion folder get
created for a config file?

BR

David

Re: TortoiseSVN & .subversion folder

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 31, 2008 11:17 AM, David Aldrich <da...@t-modus.nec.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please can someone help me out with a simple TortoiseSVN query?
>
> We are planning to introduce some new developers to Subversion. They
> will use TortoiseSVN. As I understand it, TortoiseSVN uses a SVN library
> and does not require the Subversion client. Am I correct?

Mostly correct. TSVN *is* a Subversion client.

> My main concern is sharing a config file for auto-properties. If we do
> not install the Subversion client, how will a .subversion folder get
> created for a config file?

If it doesn't find %APPDATA%\subversion, it'll be created.