Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Zia mel <zi...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/29 00:29:47 UTC

Malicious users on recommender system

Hi ,

Is there any way to check for malicious users in mahout so I can
remove them from the recommendations or reduce their effect ?
Malicious users are the ones that want to play with the ratings and
increase or downgrade it.

Thanks,

Re: Malicious users on recommender system

Posted by Daniel Xiaodan Zhou <da...@gmail.com>.
We have software written in PERL for manipulation-resistance
recommenders. If someone can write it into Mahout, that'll be great.

For more info: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~rsami/MRRS/index.html

--
Daniel Xiaodan Zhou
PhD student

Re: Malicious users on recommender system

Posted by Zia mel <zi...@gmail.com>.
@Steven Bourke

I am using collaborative filtering and thinking to use item-based .

Posted by Steven Bourke <sb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zia mel <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.