Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by tinu <ti...@email.ch> on 2002/07/11 21:41:05 UTC

[BUG?] Strange behaviour with tag

I simply display an XML file containing the following tag

<area>1</area>

This gives me (in the browser window) the error message (not in the usual
Cocoon error layout, but black on white):

-----
XML parsing error

fatal parsing error: the document is not in the correct file format in
    line 16, column 13
    <area>1</area>
            ^
-----

Noteworthy behaviour:

I do not get an error for

 <area> </area>
 <area></area>
 <area/>

and the error is case-insesitive (<Area/>1<Area> makes an error).

The sitemap fragment is as simple as it can get:

 <!-- Get single file -->
 <map:match pattern="**.xml">
   <map:generate src="docs/publication/live/{1}.xml"/>
   <map:serialize type="xml" />
 </map:match>

Also using xalan / xerces from the command-line produces no error, so this
seems to be a cocoonish behaviour

My system:

CVS Head from July 1 2002, Linux PIII, tomcat 4.1-dev (2002/01/17)

Any help is highly appreciated!

Martin

Re: [BUG?] Strange behaviour with tag

Posted by tinu <ti...@email.ch>.
tinu <ti...@email.ch> writes:

Just for completeness: The reported bug is due to Konqueror's XML display
capabilities, not to Cocoon (should always try several browsers).

Sorry for the noise

Tinu