Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Hendré Louw <he...@lot24media.co.za> on 2012/08/23 21:44:58 UTC

[codec] Java 1.3 compliant base64 encoder / decoder

Hello

I am working on a BlackBerry Java 1.3 compliant mobile application and want
to embed binary image data in a JSON structure. What version of the
commons-codec source can I use to adapt or just compile a Java 1.3
compliant base64
encoder/decoder?

Hendré

Re: [codec] Java 1.3 compliant base64 encoder / decoder

Posted by Hendré Louw <he...@lot24media.co.za>.
Thank you Martin and Julius both your response and on the money!

On 23 August 2012 22:55, Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Im not sure what specific restrictions implementing a 1.3 JVM will impose
> but...
>
> You can manipulate Base64 Images via encode and decode as byte[]
> http://javadoc.google-api-java-client.googlecode.com/hg/1.3.1-alpha/
>
> does this help?
> Martin

> destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que pour satisfaire
> informez l'expéditeur. N'importe quelle diffusion non autorisée ou la copie
> de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert à l'information seulement et n'aura
> pas n'importe quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant donné que les email
> peuvent facilement être sujets à la manipulation, nous ne pouvons accepter
> aucune responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.
>

> > Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 16:30:21 -0400
> > Subject: Re: [codec] Java 1.3 compliant base64 encoder / decoder
> > From: juliusdavies@gmail.com
> > To: user@commons.apache.org
> >
> > I think commons-codec-1.3.jar (coincidentally) should work with Java 1.3.
> >
> > You can find it here:
> >
> > http://archive.apache.org/dist/commons/codec/binaries/
> >
> > Unfortunately commons-codec-1.3.jar is unable to do streaming Base64,
> > but as long as you can fit everything in memory, it works great with
> > byte[] arrays.
> >

> > Or you can try to back-port commons-codec-1.6 to work with Java 1.3.
> > If you go that route I think you just need to pull out the following
> > classes.  There are probably some modifications you'll need to make it
> > compile under Java 1.3, but it might be possible.
> >
> > Base64InputStream.java
> > Base64.java
> > Base64OutputStream.java
> > BaseNCodecInputStream.java
> > BaseNCodec.java
> > BaseNCodecOutputStream.java
> >

> > You would also need to remove the implements declarations
> > (BinaryEncoder, Encoder, BinaryDecoder, Encoder), and figure what to
> > do with the EncodingException and DecodingException --- either pull
> > those out and compile them, too, or replace with RuntimeException, or
> > create your own.
> >
> > Good luck!
> >
> > yours,
> >
> > Julius
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Hendré Louw <he...@lot24media.co.za>
> wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I am working on a BlackBerry Java 1.3 compliant mobile application and
> want
> > > to embed binary image data in a JSON structure. What version of the
> > > commons-codec source can I use to adapt or just compile a Java 1.3
> > > compliant base64
> > > encoder/decoder?
> > >
> > > Hendré
> >

> > --
> > yours,
> >
> > Julius Davies
> > 604-222-3310 (Home)
> >
> > $ sudo apt-get install cowsay
> > $ echo "Moo." | cowsay | cowsay -n | cowsay -n
> > http://juliusdavies.ca/cowsay/

Dear

RE: [codec] Java 1.3 compliant base64 encoder / decoder

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Julius Davies <ju...@gmail.com>.