Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Sean Crist <Se...@humedica.com> on 2015/11/30 19:02:09 UTC

Updates on tutorial page

Hello,

This is with reference to the following page:

http://uima.apache.org/doc-uima-annotator.html

It appears that there have been some changes in Eclipse which have rendered some details out-of-date.

a) Step 3 says, "Right-click to the RoomNumberAnnotator project and choose Build Path -> Configure Build Path.”  I think this should now read, "Right-click to the RoomNumberAnnotator project and choose Properties.  Then select Java Build Path in the panel to the left.”

b) Step 3 also says, "Click the "Extend..." button and chose the uima-core.jar in "lib" directory.”  I think this should now read, "Click the “Add external jars..." button and chose the uima-core.jar in "lib" directory.”

c) Under “Testing the annotator”, step 1 says, ‘Open the Eclipse “Run dialog”’.  The image shows a menu selection titled “Open Run Dialog”.  This item has been renamed to “Run Configurations…”

Best,
—Sean Crist

Re: Updates on tutorial page

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Hi Sean,

Thanks for your feedback.  It would be great if you can make these changes and
submit them as a patch to a Jira :-)

If you're willing, we can help with any questions you might have on how to do this.

In any case, can you put this up into a Jira issue so we don't lose track of it?

-Marshall