Posted to user@ode.apache.org by "Nowakowski, Mateusz" <Ma...@sabre-holdings.com> on 2007/10/19 12:33:01 UTC

Difference between ode ActivityEnabledEvent and ActivityExecStartEvent

Hi,

I'm new one here. I'm performing ode logging using event listener.

What is the difference between ActivityEnabledEvent and
ActivityExecStartEvent ? In javadoc for first one I written: "Event sent
when the parent activity or process enables this activity." And for the
second one: "Event sent when the <em>body</em> of the activity starts
executing."

What is performed between these events ?

I presume that ActivityExecStartEvent is lauched by activity itself in
the beginning of activity. But is it possible situation that
ActivityEnabledEvent is launched, but ActivityExecStartEvent isn't ?

Thanks for anwers.

--
Regards
Mateusz Nowakowski

Re: VariableReadEvent handling ?

Posted by Maciej Szefler <mb...@intalio.com>.
Looks like this event was never getting sent. This is now fixed on trunk and
1.1 branch.
Thanks,
-mbs

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Nowakowski, Mateusz" <Ma...@sabre-holdings.com>.
Thanks for the answer.

I have another issue regarding event listeners.
I need to filter launched filters and I've put:

    <process-events generate="none">
		<enable-event>instanceLifecycle</enable-event>
		<!--enable-event>activityLifecycle</enable-event-->
		<!--enable-event>dataHandling</enable-event-->
		<enable-event>scopeHandling</enable-event>
		<enable-event>correlation</enable-event>
	</process-events>

to my deploy.xml and all events are triggered, even when I put only
<process-events generate="none"/> -- it behaves the same.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<deploy xmlns="http://www.apache.org/ode/schemas/dd/2007/03"
        xmlns:xxx="http://xxx.xxx.pl ">

  <process name="sws:XxxProcess">
    <in-memory>true</in-memory>
    <active>true</active>

    <process-events generate="none"/>

    <provide partnerLink="XXXRQ">
    </provide>
  </process>

</deploy>

--
Regards
Mateusz Nowakowski

> What is the difference between ActivityEnabledEvent and
> ActivityExecStartEvent ? In javadoc for first one I written: "Event
sent
> when the parent activity or process enables this activity." And for
the
> second one: "Event sent when the <em>body</em> of the activity starts
> executing."
>
> What is performed between these events ?
The ActivityEnabledEvent is raised when the parent structured activity
has been invoked and has created this certain activity. It is so to
say ready for execution.

The ActivityExecStart event is only raised when the join condition of
the activity is successfully evaluated to true. That means that the
actual execution of this activity starts.

> I presume that ActivityExecStartEvent is lauched by activity itself in
> the beginning of activity. But is it possible situation that
> ActivityEnabledEvent is launched, but ActivityExecStartEvent isn't ?
Yes, this might be the case if an activity's join condition was
evaluated to false or the activity has been disabled due to dead path
elimination. This situation basically means: The navigator has been
aware of this activity but has decided to not execute it due to some
unsatisfied preconditions.

HTH,
  Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - tvanlessen@gmail.com - http://www.taval.de

Re: Difference between ode ActivityEnabledEvent and ActivityExecStartEvent

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,