Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2009/03/26 11:49:34 UTC

[Summary] [VOTE] Release 2.0.3

Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> I think it is time for another maintenance release. WDYT?
>
> I suggest that the vote will be open until Wednesday, March 18 15:00 CET
> (3 days excluding the weekend).

I'm a bit alarmed by the lack of response to this vote. I hope this is
due to the editor-related considerations mentioned by Rudolf. Counting
Rudolf's mail as -1, there are zero positive and one negative vote.

The release will be postponed until the editor issues are resolved. I
seriously hope we can address these issues asap. TIA to everyone who
helps investigating! We should avoid falling into the habit of overly
long release cycles again.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: Kupu table issue (was: [Summary] [VOTE] Release 2.0.3)

Posted by Rudolf Korhummel <ru...@korhummel.de>.
Am 27.03.2009 um 12:13 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:

> Rudolf Korhummel schrieb:
>
> […]
>
>> It seems kupu is working now on my local installation..
>
> That's good to hear, thanks for taking care of this!
>
>> I had to include the normal table schema and to declare table as
>> inline and block element, since kupu places tables inside <p> tags.
>
> Well, that's annoying, but I guess it has to suffice for the moment :(

Yes I'm also not happy with this "solution" and maybe there are still
some validation problems with kupu. :(
When we have a better solution we should  remember to delete the
schemas in the default publication.
What about to remove kupu from the first position of the editors list,
since lenya is a xml cms and kupu is just a html editor ?

WDYT

>> I have done it inside the default publication using the fallback
>> protokoll.
>> Should I commit ?
>
> +1

Done.

Rudolf

Kupu table issue (was: [Summary] [VOTE] Release 2.0.3)

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Rudolf Korhummel schrieb:

[…]

> It seems kupu is working now on my local installation..

That's good to hear, thanks for taking care of this!

> I had to include the normal table schema and to declare table as inline
> and block element, since kupu places tables inside <p> tags.

Well, that's annoying, but I guess it has to suffice for the moment :(

> I have done it inside the default publication using the fallback protokoll.
> Should I commit ?

+1

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: [Summary] [VOTE] Release 2.0.3

Posted by Rudolf Korhummel <ru...@korhummel.de>.
Hi  Andreas,

Re: [Summary] [VOTE] Release 2.0.3

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Rudolf,

Rudolf Korhummel schrieb:
>> Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
>>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>>
>>> I think it is time for another maintenance release. WDYT?
>>>
>>> I suggest that the vote will be open until Wednesday, March 18 15:00 CET
>>> (3 days excluding the weekend).
>> I'm a bit alarmed by the lack of response to this vote. I hope this is
>> due to the editor-related considerations mentioned by Rudolf. Counting
>> Rudolf's mail as -1, there are zero positive and one negative vote.
>>
> I only think that new users trying the frst listet editor shoudn't  get
> troubles creatng at
> table. Update kupu to version 1.4 may be complicated. On the other side I
> see that the new onform editor is very usefull and should be provided to
> the users (after it works with IE).  So I would propose to overwrite the
> table tag of the RelaxNg schema in the default publication (not in the
> resource type) .

+1, I guess this is the cleanest option.

> After this and the fix of the IE issue of oneform, 2.0.3
> should be released.

This sounds good. I'm firing up our old Windows box just now and will
try to take care of the IE issue.

> WDYT
>> The release will be postponed until the editor issues are resolved. I
>> seriously hope we can address these issues asap. TIA to everyone who
>> helps investigating! We should avoid falling into the habit of overly
>> long release cycles again.
>>
> +1
> (I'll try to adjust the schema)

Thanks!

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: [Summary] [VOTE] Release 2.0.3

Posted by Rudolf Korhummel <ru...@korhummel.de>.
Hi all,

> Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>
>> I think it is time for another maintenance release. WDYT?
>>
>> I suggest that the vote will be open until Wednesday, March 18 15:00 CET
>> (3 days excluding the weekend).
>
> I'm a bit alarmed by the lack of response to this vote. I hope this is
> due to the editor-related considerations mentioned by Rudolf. Counting
> Rudolf's mail as -1, there are zero positive and one negative vote.

I only think that new users trying the frst listet editor shoudn't  get
troubles creatng at
table. Update kupu to version 1.4 may be complicated. On the other side I
see that the new onform editor is very usefull and should be provided to
the users (after it works with IE).  So I would propose to overwrite the
table tag of the RelaxNg schema in the default publication (not in the
resource type) . After this and the fix of the IE issue of oneform, 2.0.3
should be released.

WDYT

> The release will be postponed until the editor issues are resolved. I
> seriously hope we can address these issues asap. TIA to everyone who
> helps investigating! We should avoid falling into the habit of overly
> long release cycles again.

+1
(I'll try to adjust the schema)

Rudolf