Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/09 18:36:34 UTC

[VOTE] Release Superset 0.34.0 based on Superset 0.34.0rc1

Dear all,

The source release 0.34.0 RC1 for Apache Superset is baked and available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/superset/, public
keys are available
at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/superset/KEYS

We're using the 0.34 branch as the base for this first ASF release as
opposed to 0.33 in previous attempts. I think all license-related issues
have been ironed out in our dependency, here's the FOSSA report
<https://app.fossa.com/projects/custom+11342%2Fgit@github.com:apache%2Fincubator-superset.git/refs/branch/0.34/a04fad858644466219b7ea399aead110cb8ea655>
. *We're still ironing out our release process, so please bear with us and
help if you can*.

As I went along, I documented the process in [yet-to-be-merged]
RELEASING/README.md in the repo, latest edits here #
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/pull/8016>8016
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/pull/8016>. As part of
`RELEASING/`, we ship docker files to help test releases in a reproducible
way.

For context the `0.34` release branch was cut at SHA 9233a63, that was
merged on master on Aug 8th 2019. From that common ancestor, the following
list of commit was added as cherry-picks. The SHAs in the list bellow
reference the cherries on the release branch, PR number are available to
get more details.

<no cherries yet on the 0.34 branch>

Re: [VOTE] Release Superset 0.34.0 based on Superset 0.34.0rc1

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi Max,

yeah, it looks a bit messed up but thats no Issue : )
After the 72hrs you can also post the result there.

It is usual and a good practice that mentors or other IPMC members carry their vote over to the IPMC list.
So it doesn’t matter on which list they are cast just be careful to not count em double : )

Julian

Am 20.08.19, 08:11 schrieb "Maxime Beauchemin" <ma...@gmail.com>:

    This is helpful, thank you for the comments, now we have 2 threads though
    the `dev@` and `general@` and votes on both sides. It looks like many PPMC
    & IPMC added their vote on the `general@` thread. I'm a bit confused on how
    to do the accounting but I'm pretty sure we now have all the votes we need,
    though some came out after the [partial] RESULT was posted.

    How about we consolidate on the general@ thread?

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi all,

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
HI,

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Ah sorry yes you are right, podlings do however often combine PMC and committer ‘status’ hence my reference (committer automatically also being a PMC). It was a call to arms basically to anyone who could vote binding. That seems to be working a bit ;-)

B.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Superset 0.34.0 based on Superset 0.34.0rc1

Posted by Julian Feinauer <jf...@apache.org>.
Hi Alan,

two things I noticed.
First, if the VOTE is already closed there should be a separate thread "[RESULT][VOTE] xxx" where you summarize the results.
Second, if the vote is not yet closed I can offer to also check the release and cast a +1 binding IPMC Vote.
It is best to have as much IPMC votes here on your list already (like Justins) to loosen pressure on the IPMC.

We are currently considering using Superset, so I'll happily offer my help here.

Julian

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Alan

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
Yes.

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Beto Dealmeida <ro...@dealmeida.net>.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
Vote passes!

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
We can start another thread to talk about "Convenience Releases"
(pypi/docker).

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
+1.  Looked at the LICENSE, NOTICE, and DISCLAIMER files.  Checked the
licenses of files in the distro.

Alan.

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 11:36 AM Maxime Beauchemin <