Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Harald Wellmann <Ha...@multi-m.de> on 2010/09/19 18:35:58 UTC

Using OpenJPA on OSGi, with Aries JPA and JNDI services

I'm currently trying to integrate OpenJPA into an existing OSGi application. With some help from Tim Ward and others from the Aries User mailing list, I now have a solution which works fairly well and does not require any artillery like DynamicImport-Package.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of documentation on this, so I've written some:
http://hwellmann.blogspot.com/2010/09/openjpa-and-osgi.html

Feel free to pick it apart.

Best regards,

Harald

RE: Using OpenJPA on OSGi, with Aries JPA and JNDI services

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@hotmail.com>.
Harald - I'm glad I could help :)

Also, to anyone else who's trying to use JPA in an OSGi framework, I'm more than happy to provide assistance.

I would also like to say that if you are using any Aries function it's really great if you can tell us about your experiences. Aries documentation is a bit thin on the ground, and the best way to help make it better is to tell us what we need to talk about, or better yet to contribute some sections of your own!

Regards,

Tim

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
Nice, thank you!

On Sep 19, 2010, at 10:35 AM, Harald Wellmann wrote:

> I'm currently trying to integrate OpenJPA into an existing OSGi application. With some help from Tim Ward and others from the Aries User mailing list, I now have a solution which works fairly well and does not require any artillery like DynamicImport-Package.
>
> There doesn't seem to be a lot of documentation on this, so I've written some:
> http://hwellmann.blogspot.com/2010/09/openjpa-and-osgi.html
>
> Feel free to pick it apart.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Harald

Johan Edstrom

joed@opennms.org

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

RE: Using OpenJPA on OSGi, with Aries JPA and JNDI services

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@hotmail.com>.
Harald - I'm glad I could help :)

Posted by Harald Wellmann <Ha...@multi-m.de>.
Here's the JIRA issue with the sample code and test case:

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
 I don't think the list handles attachments (or if it does there seems to be
some black magic involved).

I'd suggest opening a JIRA and attaching it there. That way we have proof
that you accepted the contributor's agreement and there's a record of where
the files came from.

It sounds like we'd be able to include this in our integration module in the
build - failing that we can put it on the wiki / homepage. Either way I'd
probably start with a JIRA.

And thanks  for contributing the code !

-mike

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Do you have sample code that you can share?  Would be great to have one
that is JPA focused and leaves out Blueprint....

-Donald