Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Drew Zimber <dr...@shaws.com> on 2002/11/13 17:30:00 UTC

Help: validation and dyna beans, data disappears

All,

Hello.  Im currently working on a small application where I am researching
the use of the DynaBeans and XML Validation functionality within struts 1.1.
Both technologies are quite impressive and I have them working well with one
caveat;  allow me to explain via senario:

Right now, my test dyna form contains a few collections of static data (for
combo boxes) and a few fields.  One of the fields is set up for the
"required" and "integer" validations.

Everything appears to be configured properly and it on error it works as it
should, except for the fact that the form resets to the default values and
hence, the static data disappears.

Yes, I am aware that Collections are techinically not supported by dyna
beans.  Alternatively, I was putting the Collections directly into the
request as well, and logically they also disappear.

So:  I guess what im looking for advice/suggestions/takes on this delimna
before I revert back to traditional forms.  Thank you for your time!!!

Regards,
Drew Zimber