Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by fredri <jf...@pelmorex.com> on 2014/06/17 00:14:06 UTC

Re: Websocket + MQTT + NIO: Scaling

I also tried with Apache Apollo and also get the same results where it seems
there is one thread created per connection.
I would really appreciate if anyone has an idea if I am doing something
wrong, or if there is anything special required to tune ActiveMQ to dispatch
the message asynchronously using a limited number of thread. Or simply
telling me that it is currently by design and expected.
My goal is expose ActiveMQ Websocket directly (or trough a websocket proxy
web server) to the web and I want to achieve maximum scalability and
overcoming the common C10k problem.

Also if you think there is a better place to post by question, let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Freyd

Re: Websocket + MQTT + NIO: Scaling

Posted by fredri <jf...@pelmorex.com>.
I have copied the configuration file here:  http://pastebin.com/isJNA8rz
<http://pastebin.com/isJNA8rz>

I used jconsole to track the number of threads.

Re: Websocket + MQTT + NIO: Scaling

Posted by surfnerd <su...@outlook.com>.
Can you please upload your full configuration file for AMQ ?
I never tried performance on Java 8 though.