Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Roman Chyla <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/07 18:31:54 UTC

Web App Engineer at Harvard-Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, full time, indefinite contract

Dear all,

We are looking for a new member to join our team. This position requires
solid knowledge of Python, plus experience with web development, HTML5,
XSLT, JSON, CSS3, relational databases and NoSQL but search (and SOLR) is
the central point of everything we do here. So, if you love SOLR/Lucene as
we do, then I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for search
related development for you too.

About the project:

http://labs.adsabs.harvard.edu/adsabs/

The ADS is the central discovery engine for astronomical information, used
nearly every day by nearly every astronomer. Conceived 20 years ago, moving
into its third decade, the ADS continues to serve the research community
worldwide.

The ADS is currently developing the next-generation web-based platform
supporting current and future services. The project is committed to
developing and using open-source software. The main components of the
system architecture are: Apache SOLR/Lucene (search), CERN Invenio and
MongoDB (storage), Python+Flask+Bootstrap (frontend).

We are looking for a highly-motivated full-stack developer interested in
joining a dynamic team of talented individuals architecting and
implementing the new platform. Your primary responsibility is the design,
development, and support of the ADS front-end applications (including the
new search interface) as well as the implementation of the user database,
login system and personalization features.

For more information, please see the full posting online at:
http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/hr/postings/13-32.html

Thank you,

  Roman

--

Dr. Roman Chyla
ADS, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics