Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by sw...@quandatics.com on 2021/10/22 08:10:30 UTC

Cant integrate the kerberos enabled solr cloud with nutch

Hi,

We have encountered a problem which can't integrate the kerberos enabled
solr cloud with nutch.

When execute "nutch index crawl/crawldb/ -linkdb crawl/linkdb/ $s1 -filter
-normalize" command ,it will fail with "HTTP ERROR 401Problem accessing
/solr/admin/collections. Reason:Authentication required" but we able to curl
it with the keytab.

Version of Nutch :1.18

Your Sincerely,

Shi Wei

Re: Cant integrate the kerberos enabled solr cloud with nutch

Posted by Wei <sw...@quandatics.com>.
Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your reply.

We understand that the current indexer-solr plugin only supports the basics authentication. We will open the jira issue accordingly. Usually how long it would take for the jira to resolve?

Besides, is there any other workaround that we could try for the described issue? It's because upon our research in these few days, it seems that somebody were able to connect to the Solr with Kerberos authentication via the NTLM scheme of HttpAuthenticationSchemes. Could you assist to check whether this would work?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=115512111#content/view/115512111 <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=115512111#content/view/115512111>

Your Sincerely,
Shi Wei

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi Shi Wei,